Thursday, February 23, 2012

Anthony & Burt Get Well Card


Here's a fun get well card to have on hand.

I used Crafter's Companion Anthony & Burt stamps for this week's card.  I ran a sheet of card stock through the printer and printed "Heard you were in bed with a bug ...".  This was done in a 1/2" x 2" area.  The printing was centered and about 3/4" from the bottom of the paper.  I cut the paper down to a 4 7/8" square.  This part is not necessary.  You could easily put any text stamp in this space, or even leave out the text on the front of the card.

On the square, I placed the main image close to the top of the text block.  Afterward, I placed the bandage images around the edges of the square for a border.  Also, a bandage on each side of the text block. 


I also placed the main image on a scrap of card stock so I could cut out Anthony (the fly) to pop him off the card.

I colored my images with alcohol markers.  I tried to make Burt (the frog) a sickly shade of green.  Crafter's Compainion is an excellent source for inexpensive alcohol markers. They're called Spectrum Noir.  If you're new to alcohol markers, you should give these a try.  Another thing I've found very helpful is the Spectrum Noir Instructional DVD.  I learned things from the DVD that I'd never thought of before!  Before I forget ... I colored Anthony with glitter pens on the main image and the extra one to pop up.

The card was made from a piece of 5 1/2" x 11" dark blue card stock.  It was folded in half with the fold at the top.  On top of the card, I adhered a piece of 5 1/8" square medium blue card stock using the Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape.  The colored image was centered on and attached to the medium blue card stock.  Again, using the Permanent Tape.

The last two "extra touches" I put on this card were using the double-sided adhesive foam to pop up the extra Anthony I'd cut out.  Last, I applied 3D Crystal Lacquer on Burt's eyes for a little dimension.

I only used the blue card stock because I thought a blue and white quilt on the bed would look nice.  Use any color you want on the quilt and coordinate the background colors to complement.

On the inside of the card, I used the stamp that comes with the set ... "Hope you feel better soon!".

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa I absolutely love this card!!! The bandaids all over the card and your 3-d fly rock :)

    ReplyDelete