Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stamp It Compass Card


Ooooh!  I am having so much fun with the Crafter's Companion Stamp It images!!  This week's card features the Compass image.



I put the Compass image on a 4" x 4" square of paper suitable for mixed media images.   I scribbled with the side of my watercolor pencils right on top of the image.  Then, with a wet brush, I blended out the colors.  I used my heat tool to speed up the drying.  After the piece was dry, I tore the edges off and applied chalk ink around the torn edges.

The card itself was made from some brown pre-embossed card stock. I sanded it to bring out the design and to distress the edges of the card.  The next layer was done in pale yellow and edged in the chalk ink.  I punched a design on the bottom of a piece of pinkish-red card stock and then edged it with the chalk ink.  I stapled the image piece to the pinkish-red card stock.  The layers of the card were attached with Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner.  Please refer to the picture for placement of layers. 




You really should check out Crafter's Companion soon.  They have images for all interests.  Artsy, cutesy, Asian, or detailed - you're bound to find some that catch your eye.


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this card - the stamp, the techniques, your whole card. I especially like the quote on the stamp. That explains a Lot about how I end up where I do!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete