Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happiness Card


Hi friends!  Here's this week's Crafter's Companion project ...


I'm using one of the two new sets of stamps from Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Sketchy range.  The set I'm using here is called Happiness.

On 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white card stock, I placed the Happiness text image.  I used simple masking techniques to place the left part of the largest stamp slightly behind the text image.  I also placed a flourish image behind the text image.  I added one more flourish image below the text image and on the left side of the main image.  Please refer to the photo for placement of stamp images.

I placed a black border around the text image.  I used the Spectrum Noir pens, from Crafter's Companion, to color my creation.  These pens are great to work with.  There's even a techniques DVD that I think is great to learn about the new pens and tips on how to use them.

After I'd colored the entire piece of card stock, I decided to distress it.  Use your favorite distressing tools to  create a well worn look along the edges of the card stock as well as around the images.  I crumpled the card stock in a couple of places.  I stapled two feathers to the front of the card for some extra visual interest.

I layered this onto some 6 1/2" x 5 1/4" patterned paper that I'd distressed around the edges.  I used the Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach the layers. I used the tape again to put this layer onto the front of the card.  The card is 7 1/2" x 12"; is folded in half with the fold at the top.  I also distressed the edges of the card.

Who gives you happiness?  Will you send them a card?



Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment