Thursday, March 15, 2012

Poppets - Little Ballerinas



I fell in love with the Crafter's Companion Poppets ballerina stamp when I first saw it.  I knew I'd have to use it in a project as soon as I could.  So here's what I came up with  ...  an easel  card!

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of dark teal card stock.  a 4 1/4 x
4 1/2" piece of silver Mirricard Reflective card stock, and a 4 1/4" x
1 1/2"piece of wood grain card stock.

I used the Crafter's companion Ultimate Tool and the Boxer board to score the teal card stock.  I scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2".  I then turned my card stock with the opposite end facing the edge of the board and scored at 1 1/2".  (Or 9 1/2" if you aren't using the convenience of the Ultimate Tool.
I folded over the 1 1/2" section and used adhesive to hold it down.  I then put the wood grain piece on top of this area with more adhesive.  Use adhesive that you are confident in.  This raised area is the area that holds up the main image and will be the bottom of the card.

Fold the first 2 3/4" section toward the bottom of the card.  This is the section where you will adhere the silver Mirricard piece.  Attach the bottom portion of the Mirricard to the bottom of the teal card stock.  At this point, you should be able to set the card in its final position and make sure it will end up standing the correct way for you.   The picture below shows the finished card and how it should stand.


I only used the ballerina part of the stamp.  I placed my image onto paper suitable for alcohol markers.  I used masking to allow me to place the 3 ballerinas together.  You can find more information on simple making by searching for it on the Internet.  I colored the ballerinas using alcohol markers.  Speaking of alcohol markers, have you checked out the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers from Crafter's Companion?  They're great.  Crafter's Companion also offers a DVD of techniques for using the Spectrum Noir markers.  The markers are a great deal and come in well thought out color families.

After coloring the ballerinas, I cut them out.  I put them to the side while I was pulling together some other elements I wanted to use on this card.  

I used my computer to print "Dancing is the poetry of the foot. - John Dryden".  I printed this quote and cut it out to about 1" tall and a little less than 2 3/4" wide.  I attached this to a slightly larger piece of the teal card stock.  I attached this to the top middle area of the Mirricard.  I used double-sided adhesive foam  to attach a 4 1'4" x 1/4" piece of the wood grain card stock about 2 1/4" down from the top of the Mirricard. Then last, I used the double-sided foam to attach the dancers on top of the wood grain "bar".

This is the way the card will look, folded, ready for the envelope ...      

(Sorry about the poor picture - I haven't found a good way to capture an image of something very shiny yet.)  This leaves you plenty of space inside the card for a personal note.

 
Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment