Thursday, March 29, 2012

A quick, simple scrapbook page

Hello all!!  This week, I'm using Crafter's Companion Beatrix Potter stamps images to make a quick scrapbook page.  Hope you like it.

I made the border in my word processing program (MS Word 2010) on a piece of 8" x 8" white card stock.  If I'd thought about it, I would've made the border using a small square block stamp and stamping a checkerboard border by eye.
 
I also found a shape of a banner, in the word processing program, and added text.  I printed it out with the banner outline in a dark gray.  Nope - didn't like it.  I went over the gray with a black marker.  Much better!!  I cut out the banner, leaving a small border of white around the shape.  I used this for the title of my page.  You could also just cut a rectangle of coordinating card stock and write your title on it. 

I used simple masking techniques for the two bunny images.  You wouldn't have to do that, separate images would work very well on this page.  I used my Spectrum Noir pens to color the images .  I used some of the Earth Brown colors for the bunnies.  I used turquoise blues to dress the girl bunny.  And some of the true blues for the boy bunny.  I used some of the reds in the coral set for the flowers and the girl bunny's hankie or scarf. After they were colored, I cut them out leaving a small border of white around the edge of the image.  After that, I pasted them to a piece of black card stock.  I cut out around the white border, leaving a small black border.

I printed out a picture.  I cut a piece of black card stock slightly larger.  I put yellow flower brads in three of the corners and attached the black card stock tot he back of the picture.  I attached the picture, at an angle, to the scrapbook page with Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape.  I used the tape to attach the title banner over top of the picture.  I used  double-sided adhesive foam to pop up the bunnies in the  bottom right corner of the page. 

I think 8" x 8" scrapbooks work up quickly.  Have fun with them.  If you're not having fun, set it aside for a bit and go back to it. 

You can decorate your page very simply and see several finished pages in no time at all.  If you like quick gratification - try the smaller scrapbook pages.   From there, so can carry on the fun to a larger page ... and more fun!!


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment