Friday, April 20, 2012

Blog Hop and Scavenger Hunt! Plus a special project!



Welcome to the Crafter's Companion
Blog Hop/Scavenger Hunt !!

I'm so happy you "hopped by" today!  I've made a special project for the blog hop.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it for you.


Before I get into the details for creating this project, I want to talk about the blog hop.

The blog hop/scavenger hunt begins today, April 20, 2012 at 12:01am (PT) and runs through April 22nd at 11:59pm (PT).  It is open to residents of the United States only.

Each design team member will be giving away a Cute Companions Romance stamp set, 2 embossing powders (one white and one blush rose) and one sheet of EZ mount. To be eligible for the random drawing to win this prize, you must be a follower of the Crafter's Companion Informational Blog; be a follower of the design team member's blog; and you must leave a comment on the designer's blog.

The scavenger hunt prize will be all nine sets of the Beatrix Potter stamps!!! To be entered for this prize drawing you must comply with the rules to win on each individual team member's blog AND answer the question posted on each designer's blog. The questions are clues that will lead you to twelve different items that you can find on the Crafter's Companion website. When you've found all twelve answers,  you should send them in an email to Bindy at bindy@crafterscompanion.com.  Please use the subject line:  CC Blog Hop. (That way Bindy can easily find your entry.)

You will end the blog hop/scavenger hunt by leaving a comment on the Crafter's Companion Informational Blog.  Include in your comment that you visited all twelve designer's blogs.  All steps must be completed and correct to be eligible for the scavenger hunt prize.

Answer my question ...
I love Claudine and her color of blue, can you find what she makes that will surely help you?

To make sure you haven't missed a blog, you should have arrived at my blog from Kathy's blog. Upon leaving my blog, you should go to Steph's blog.

Here is the order of the blog hop:

 9. Lisa - http://kycrafter.blogspot.com/  (you are on my blog now)
10. Steph - http://blog.artycarty.com/ (your next stop on the hop)

Now, back to the project ...



I am giving you a sneak peek at the new Humphrey stamps!!  I used stamps from several sets.  I placed the images on a tag of paper compatible with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers, a gold gel pen, and several other colors of markers.  I used an Spectrum Noir marker around the edges of the tag.  I backed the tag with a piece of the same pearlescent card stock I used for the purse.  I did this to make the tag more sturdy.  I added fibers in the hole at the top of the tag.



For the purse, (I got this idea from the DVD that came with the tool - they made a purse card.) I started out with a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of pearlescent card stock.  I used my Ultimate Tool to create score lines for folding. 


The photo shows where I made score lines at 2 3/4" and 3".  Then I turned the piece upside down, and scored 2 3/4" from the other edge.  I also embossed the scallop on the end with the two score lines.  I cut under the embossed scallop to leave a fancy edge.


I then drew a mark where I wanted to cut the card stock to shape the purse and create the flap for the purse.  I after I cut those areas away from the purse template, I folded the plain end up toward the two score lines.  By doing this, I could see exactly where to cut to shape the rest of the purse template.


I used a marker to run around the edge of the purse template to cover the white middle of the card stock.

I folded the bottom of the purse up and the flap over.  I attached self-adhesive Velcro to keep the purse closed.


I used a 1/8" hole punch about 1/2" from the edge in between the 2 3/4" and 3" folds.  I then used a piece of black cording and knotted on a few beads.  I stuck the cording through the holes and made knots to hold the purse handle onto the purse.  I cut off the extra cording.  In the photo above, you can see the knotted cording and the placement of part of the Velcro.

Last, I added a paper flower to the front of the purse flap.  Inside, add a gift card using repositional adhesive or photo corners.


This purse could also be used for birthdays, graduations or any other occasion you're giving a girlfriend a gift card.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

30 comments:

  1. Cute tag and gift card purse! Love the color pink and that beaded handle is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable tag and purse set, thanks so much for the how too, I just love it!! Exciting to be following another KY crafter!
    Cindylu

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Humphrey stamp is just too cute! Thanks for the tutorial on the GC holder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet set you made! I love the gift card idea and tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lisa!! LOVE the purse!! and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects!! I "LOVE "the purse,excellent Job .thank you for the tutorial. And the tag is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag and purse are darling!
    Happy to have hopped in and became a new follower!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling gift set, and I love the purse you made!!! beautiful job!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally adore this project of yours!!!!!! It is just darling! I will be stealing the idea!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable Lisa! I know several little girls who would love this :) And you can never go wrong with Humphrey - I love Humphrey images! I am a new follower of your cute blog and a longtime follower of CC! Thanks for the sweet tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects! Love that elephant image and thanks for the instructions on the little purse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome tag (could be used a bookmark and think of you every time the person read :o)) and purse Lisa! What a great idea for a present!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little card is so cute and the tutorial is easy to fallow. thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. darling purse!! love how easy it looks with the ultimate tool. I've already done #1 and #2. I'll have to do the others because I love, love, love Beatrix Potter.
    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tag is so cute and I love the little purse. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a darling Tag and purse. Thanks for the mini tutorial on how to make the purse. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tutorial! Love the new Humphrey image, anbd your purse and tag are darling! Now to hop, hop, hop...

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2 things:
    How cute is that humphrey stamp?! love it!

    and

    Thanks for the template! What a great idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great project...nice tutorial.

    Hugs Tracy v

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Tag and Gift Card Bag! Love the glitter on your tag and the color of your bag. Im a new follower. I stop to hop along. TGS AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lisa: this gift card holder is adorable and the tag is too sweet. I am falling in love with Humphrey and family :) TFS and for all the inpiration. New follower but will stop by as often as possible.
    Have a great day!
    Liz
    unikebyyes{at}yahoo{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your purse is super adorable! Great tag! I am already a follower of CC and I am hopping along, I am now your newest follower, hope you will pop on over for a visit!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That purse is just darling-a little girl would just love it. Nice project!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  24. I especially love the delicate tag with the adorable elephant! Great job decorating everything.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love both of your projects, and tutorials.Now following you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Also following this blog too. Just found the follow button. lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty gift set!!
    Love thrm both!
    I just became a follower!
    Off to go and do some more hopping!

    ReplyDelete