Thursday, April 19, 2012

Father's Day Card

Hello everyone!!

I've made a Father's Day card for this week's project.  I hope you enjoy it.  I am using one of the new Stamp-It Australia "Guys in Our Life" stamps.

I used a pale gray, a gray, and a black ink for the images.  I stippled Adirondack ink over the top of the images.  The Adirondacks I used were Stone Washed Denim, Denim, Mushroom, and Butterscotch.  I used black ink to add the words "On" and "remember" to the images.

I cut out the images making sure to not cut off any of the watch or the compass.  I then edged the piece with the denim ink.  I rummaged through my "blue scraps" and found a great blue Maruyama with gold sparkles.  I attached a piece to a black card with side fold.  The card was made from a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of card stock.

With the gold sparkles in the decorative paper, I decided to use a gold gel pen to add some color and highlights to the watch and compass.


I attached the images to the Maruyama with double-sided adhesive foam.  The last thing I did was to add 3-D Crystal Lacquer to the watch.  It made it look like it had a crystal on it.  I thought it made the watch "pop"!

Be sure to check out Crafter's Companion Blog Hop on April 20, 2012!!  It is going to be so much fun!!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Father's day is just around the corner so I've been browsing for some ideas for fathers day cards and I've seen yours. They are truly stunning! Thanks for sharing. Kudos to the creator ;-)

    ReplyDelete