Thursday, May 24, 2012

Just a note ...

Need to write a little personal note? Make some pretty stationery to use. The recipient of your note will be so happy to know you took a little extra time to make something special for them.




I used 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" text weight paper. I ran my sheets through the printer to add my name and address. If you have one of those self-inking stamps with your name and address, just stamp away.



Next, I placed my images. For this project, I used the Sheena Douglass Provence stamps. Please see the photos for where the images were placed. It's entirely up to you as to where you want them. You could put images down one side.



You could put an image or two at the bottom of the sheet. Make different layouts. These pieces are for you. If you like a particular piece of your stationery, make some for a friend.

I used colored pencils to color the images on my paper. "Why?", you ask. "Because I don't want the Spectrum Noir markers to show through on the back", I answered.



For the envelopes, I needed the image to have color and to not smear when going through the postal service.



I use a spare tag to put down into the envelope where the image is.  I then used the Spectrum Noir markers to color.  Take the tag out and no bleed through!

Hope you liked today's Crafter's Companion quick and easy project!!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa 


7 comments:

  1. Love this!! Thanks for the tip on the envelope, I would have colored straight thru, thanks!!
    Cindylu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that I already commented on this post. I guess not....I love your idea of making your own stationery. That would make a great gift for my niece...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now why have I not thought of this?!? And thanks also for the tip about the envelope coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pencil coloring must say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. I need to remember to get my colored pencils out! Love those grapes!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving all the Sheena Douglass stamps. Great looking stationery!
    R/

    ReplyDelete