Thursday, May 10, 2012

Last minute gift for Mom ...

or maybe a teacher gift.  It doesn't take long, and it can be geared toward any audience.





















I used part of the Stamp-It Australia Destination stamp on Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I added the word "Addresses" across the top and "Birthdays ... Anniversaries ... Other Important dates" along the side of the stamp image. 


I used a Versa-Mark pen on top of the scroll and the butterfly in the image.  I embossed them with fine clear embossing powder.

I picked out three colors of Spectrum Noir Markers that went together ... GB2, GT1, and LV1.  To color my image, I started by scribbling my Blender pen over the entire image.  Then, one at a time, I scribbled each color randomly over the image.  I used some more blender, I put some more color, and so on. until I liked what I saw.


I put the small composition book over the image and lightly drew around it.  I used the outline as my guide and tore out the image.  I edged this with a silver Krylon marker and set it to the side.

To cover the little book, I picked out a black specialty paper that was a little thicker, and was more pliable than regular card stock.  I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner to put adhesive on the back cover of the book.  (Make sure to put the adhesive on the edges the book and then just run a few stripes of adhesive in the middle.)  Do not put any glue on the spine of the book!  Place the book - adhesive side down - on the wrong side of the paper.  I used a brayer to make sure I got the paper pressed to the book.  Now, the front cover should be on top.  Apply the adhesive to this side.  Pull the paper over the cover of the book, making sure to leave a little slack at the spine.  This will allow  the paper to stay in place when the book is opened wide. Brayer this side also.

Use scissors to cut away the rest of the paper from the book.

Next, I used the silver pen to go around the three loose edges of the pages and covers.  I let this dry for a bit.

I used the permanent tape all over the back of the colored image.  I placed it on the front cover and brayered it so it would lie flat.

There you go.  That's it.  That's all it takes to make this little book. You could even make several in an afternoon. 

Remember ... all of the Crafter's Design Team Members are giving away prizes each week in May.  Stop by each member's blog and check out their requirements to be entered to win. 

Here are requirements to win a prize from Crafter's Companion and me ...
  • you MUST be a follower of ALL OF THESE THREE BLOGS ...
           -the Crafter's Companion Infomational blog;
           -the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog;
           -and my blog. To follow my blog, go to the bottom of the page and click on the icon
           "Join this site with Google Friend Connect".
  • You MUST also leave a comment on my blog in the week the prize is being given away.
  • You MUST be a resident of the United States.

Be sure to check in the the Crafter's Companion web site, the Informational Blog and the Challenge Blog to see what else will be given away in May 2012.
Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa


2 comments:

  1. Great gift idea, it looks fabulous and I love how you added the silver to the page edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gift! I love the school look! TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete