Thursday, May 3, 2012

Prom Party Invitation

It's that time of year around here.  Prom time.  And I have been having a great time looking at the prom pictures on Facebook.

Here's an invitation card to invite the friends to your party after the prom.




















I used the "Belle of the Ball" S.w.a.l.k.™ stamp set for this invitation.  I placed the image on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" card Ultra Smooth Premium Card stock.  I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color in the image.  I used the markers to "write" over the text.  I used a glitter pen to color in the stars.  I added glitter glue to make the diamonds in her tiara shine.  I pulled out some silver Liquid Pearls™ for her necklace and earrings. I rubbed some chalk  around her for a little bit of a background (it's hard to see in the photo).

Using a word processing program and my printer, I printed the text shown at the bottom of the card on the same card stock as the image. I used the same marker I'd used at the top to "write" over the text.  I mounted it onto the same color card stock and adhered it to the front of the card below the image.

I also used the word processing program to create the inside of the invitation.  Just the basics of any standard invitation ... who, what, why, when and where.  The information was typed into a 3.75" x 5" text box.  I place four of these text boxes on a page.  You then print, cut, and adhere them to the inside of the invitation.

I hope this helped spark your imagination.

Be sure to leave a comment on my blog this week (ending on May 8th, 2012) for a chance to win an Ultimate Tool from Crafter's Companion and me!



Be sure to to check out the Crafter's Companion Informational Blog and the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog for more giveaways in May!


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa




7 comments:

  1. Hiya, lovely idea for a prom party invite....... and thanks for the chance to win some crafters companion items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image her sweet little tiara and fan she's so cute!! My daughter will be a Junior next year, may have to scraplift this, very nice!!
    Cindylu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from the CC Information blog to tell you that I liked your invitation! Also would love to get my hand on one of the Ultimate tools. Thanks for the chance and for sharing the after prom invite,
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous invite and giveaway, TFS
    Have a lovely day Lisa!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a beautiful card. I love the invites. and the stamp is so cute. TFS AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so crazy cute!!! I love all the little extra details (the pearls, etc) that you put on her!

    If that was an invitation for a real after-prom party at your house, I hope you survived!!!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable image! Love how you colored her!

    ReplyDelete