Monday, May 14, 2012

You're One of a Kind Card

For this Monday project, I will be using the S.w.a.l.k. Stamp set - Collection 6 - Son.  When I first saw this image, I knew what I wanted to do with it.  I hope you like it!



I started with a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Ultra Smooth Premium cardstock.  I cut it in half for 2 pieces 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Using one of the pieces, I put some star images on the top half and the text "...you're one of a kind" and three more stars on the bottom half of this piece.  I then folded the card in half.  This card will have the fold at the top.  Here's a template showing where I cut and scored this piece to allow for the images to "stand up" in the card.










After cutting and scoring, I trimmed off 1/8" from the two shorter sides and 1/4" from the non-folded side.  I colored in the stars with a gold gel pen.

I attached a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white paper in the middle of the inside of the blue card.  Here's the photo to show you  the position.  Then I placed the piece with the stars, text, cuts and folds inside the card.

On a the second piece of the ultra smooth card stock, I put the blue ribbon image.  I colored it in with the Spectrum Noir markers and the gold gel pen on the "1".  I cut this out.   I put my main image on the other piece of ultra smooth card stock.  I used my Spectrum Noir pens to color the boy, the cat, and the bear.  I cut them out.

I attached a of  4 5/8" x 3 3/8" piece of yellow card stock in the middle on the front of the blue card.   On top of that, I centered and attached a  4 3/8" x 3 1/8" piece of green card stock.  I placed several star images on this green card stock and colored them in with the gold gel pen.  I then attached the blue ribbon with double-sided adhesive foam.


I attached the boy, cat, and bear pieces to the inside of the card so they would appear to be standing up.


Please note ... all of my attaching (except for the blue ribbon) was done with the Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner.

That's it.  Not too bad as far as the fussy cutting goes.  Hope you like it.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa



3 comments:

  1. Oh this is completely adorable!!! I love this card! Thanks for the tutorial too...I really want to try it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job, it's adorable and thanks sooo much for the great how to!!
    Cindylu

    ReplyDelete