Thursday, June 21, 2012

Floral ATCs



Welcome summer!! It's Kentucky ... hot and humid!!  Yuk.  So to usher in the summer season, I wanted to make a project that would feel sort of "light and airy".  These ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) are what I came up with.

On Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock, I placed flower images from Art-Kure's Britain in Bloom collection and text of the flower name.  I cut out these into 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" pieces.  I then colored the flowers with my Spectrum Noir markers.

I mounted these onto 2 3/8" x 3 3/8" pieces of coordinating colors of card stock.  These pieces were then attached to ATC sized (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") pieces of black card stock.  For all of my layering I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape

The ATCs are now ready to have the information put on the back.  This can be hand-written, or typed on a sticker or however you choose to share the information.  The information should include your name and any contact information you want to share with your audience.  You should also include a numbering system.  Some artists start numbering their cards with number 1, and just keep going. Other artists use series numbering, such as 1 of 7 or 1/7.

You can find lots more information on ATCs on the web.  Check it out.  Start trading.  It's fun.  I have a friend who has binders full of ATCs.  She shares stories about them.  She'll tell of how she got this one, or who gave her that one.  She tells of what inspired her to make one this way or that.  It's a great conversation starter.

Enjoy all!


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

2 comments: