Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Traveller ... Card

Hi folks!



It's that time of week again.  This week's project uses two images from the Stamp-It Australia Discovery collection. 


I stamped the Hummingbird Wings on some Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I cut this out (refer to photo), used a glue stick and stuck it onto a scrap of black.  I cut out the image again, leaving a border of black.  See the completed card photo for the finished cut around the bird.

I only used part of the bird cage image.  I placed it on a piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock four times.  Please refer to the photo for placement of the cages.

I cut this card stock down to a 4 5/16" square. I used Extra Strong Permenent Tape to attach this to a 4 1/2" square piece of red card stock.

Using the tape again, I stuck the bird cage layer onto the front center of a 5" square, black with dotted-swiss texture card base.  This card has a side fold. 

Last, I used double sided adhesive foam to attach the bird image to the center of the card.  Now, it's done.

Remember to look at your stamps in a different way.  See if you can make a decorative image by stamping only part of the stamp. 

I like a simple card.  This card is simple.  I hope you like it too.


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, this is such a fabulous design - so creative! Thanks for ideas about how to use images!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete