Thursday, July 5, 2012

Have a Purr'fect Christmas


Hello all!!

Boy, it sure was nice to have a snow scene to work on.  It has been so hot and humid here in Kentucky!  (And other places, I know, I know.)

I used the Ian Hallows' Mulberry Wood Purr'fect Christmas stamp for this week's project.  I placed the image on a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I placed this image toward the left side of the paper.  I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers.    I added a bit of metallic pen for the tree garland, star, and ornament toppers.  I used a white opaque pen to add a highlight for shine on the ornaments.

I used a die cut machine and die to create the snowflake border on the right side of the paper.  You could use a regular border punch, or leave this step off.

I used a "snow pen" to make the snow flakes in the image.  A "snow pen" is a pen you shake then write or draw with.  You wait until the paint is dry and then heat it with a craft tool.  This could also be done with dimensional fabric paint.

I used glitter glue on the snowflake border on the edge. And on the ground in front of the




I used a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of light blue card stock, folded in half, for the card base.  This card has a top fold.

I used a 5" x 3 3/4" of white card stock for the inside of the the card.  I placed the "Have a Purr'fect Christmas" image on this piece of paper and attached it to the center of the inside of the card.  I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape for this step.

After the glitter glue had dried, I attached that piece to the front of the card.  This was attached with the Extra Strong Permanent Tape on the straight sides.  I used a wet glue, like Mono Multi Glue, for the back side of the snowflake parts.

I hope you all enjoyed this week's project!



Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Your winter sparkly card is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete