Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sheena Douglass Highlands Box

Do you ever find yourself needing a little "manly" box?  Well, I've made one for this week's project, and I think you might like it.



For this project, I chose a medium brown color card stock.  I made a 4" square box with the The Boxer.  This is such a handy way to make your boxes.  Please be sure to check this out.  It makes the proper allowance for your box lid to fit the box bottom..  There is a DVD too - showing techniques and ideas for great projects.  You might want to try the Envelobox Creator too.  It's great for making deep envelopes for those 3-D cards you make.

Back on track now ...

On a 4" square piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock, I used several of the images from the Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Highlands set.  Please refer to the picture for placement.  Don't you think it's fun to create scenes with her stamps?  I love it!!  Something different every time.

I used a 1" circle paper punch on a Post-It Note for masking purposes.  (When you do this, make sure to get as much of the adhesive on your punched piece as possible.)  I placed it where I wanted the sun to be in my scene.I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color a sunset.  I wasn't sure what colors to use, so I did a search on the Internet ... "sunset over mountains".  I my search returned many pictures from that search.  That's where my inspiration for the colors came from.  Note:  Be careful when coloring close to the Post-It Note.  If you color over it, the marker will soak right through the paper and onto the space you wanted to be masked.  Please don't ask me how I know it, (LOL!), let's just say I do.

Then, still using the markers, I colored in the sun.  I also pulled some of the yellow strokes out from the middle of the sun to make sun rays.  I colored in the ground with several neutral colors. 

I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach the colored image to the top of the box lid.

I sponged some Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of the box lid.  I also sponged this onto the edges of the picture on top of the lid. I ran the corners of the lid and the bottom edges of the lid across the ink pad to add a little depth.

Hope you like the box.  I think it might have a gift card in it for my husband's birthday.  I think he'd like that.



Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa



1 comment:

  1. Love this idea Lisa!! Your colors are blending just perfect!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete