Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dance like no one's watching ...

Hello friends, my name is Lisa and I'm a paper hoarder.  No - really.  I have so much paper - not to mention the solid card stock - that I have to go through containers and containers to decide what to use.  And then there are the organized drawers of scraps of fairly good size.  And the drawer of strips.  I know, I know ...  TOO MUCH already!!

Anyway - for this week's Crafter's Companion project, I decided to use a scrap of patterned paper for the background behind my images.  I used the new Sheena Douglass' Hidden Fairies set.  These are darling!!  This is a set of silhouette images and there's so much you can do with these.  I'm going to show you just one quick idea that I've come up with.


I cut my patterned paper to 3 3/4" x 5".  I selected three of the fairies and placed them on the paper where it would look like they were dancing on the flowers and leaves.  I added the sentiment to the top area of the paper.

I used Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach the patterned paper onto a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of coordinating card stock.  I layered this piece, with the Permanent Tape, to a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of black card stock.  I used the black to pull together the card with the images.

I used a 1/8" hole punch to punch holes in each of the corners.  I added rhinestone brads in three corners.  In the bottom right corner, I put a rhinestone flower brad.  Even though I could not capture it in the photo, I colored in the fairy wings with a clear glitter pen.  Just a touch of sparkle in the right light.

I attached the constructed piece onto the center of the card base.  I used a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of a coordinating color of card stock.  I folded it in half so the card has a side fold.

All in all, I think it probably has taken me about the same time to type this as it did to create a quick card for you.

I am looking forward to using Sheena Douglass' silhouette stamps for several more cards to use up my extra pieces of patterned paper.  If I can clear out a drawer, maybe I can fill it up with new paper!!  Ha!!!

Have a great weekend!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration. 


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment