Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let's Celebrate ...

Crafter's Companion's fifth birthday!!

I've used the Popcorn the Bear - Party Time set of images I'm giving away to a lucky person here on my blog.  No - no, I didn't use your set.  I have my own!  LOL!!


I started with a 11" x 7 1/2" piece of purple card stock.  I folded this in half to have a 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" card base.  I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach  a 5" x 7" piece of hot pink card stock to the center of the front of the card.  I used the same tape to stick a 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" piece of lime green card stock to the center of the hot pink card stock.  I set this to the side until later.

For the images, I started with a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I stamped the main image twice.  I also stamped the additional image of the duck with cupcake and the text "Let's Celebrate"

I used Spectrum Noir markers to color one main image and the extra duck.  On the second image, I colored the small duck and top package.  I colored the big fancy bow on the middle package.  I also added a little gray shading to the envelope on this image.

I trimmed the fully colored image to 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".  I "fussy cut" the colored areas of the second image.  You could certainly leave out this step, it is not essential to the card.  I "fussy cut" the larger duck also.  For the text, I trimmed it to approximately 1 3/4" x 1 1/8".  I used the permanent tape on the back of the text and attached it to a scrap of the purple card stock.  I trimmed this to a tiny border for the text.  I then used the tape on the back of the purple card stock and placed the piece on a scrap of hot pink.  This piece ended up measuring approximately 2" x 1 3/8".

I used tape, once again, to attach the colored image to the center of the lime green on the card base.

I used Double-Sided Adhesive Foam (or cut as needed) to pop up and attach the "fussy cut" pieces to the corresponding images on the front of the card.  I used the foam behind the larger duck too.  I placed the duck by the bear's leg.  Please refer to photo for placement.

I cut a 5 1/2" x 1/4" from the scraps of purple card stock.  Use adhesive of your choice to attach the purple strip about 1 1/8" down from the top of the card.  Use the foam adhesive on the back of the text piece and place it about 5/8" down from the top and in from the left of the card.

Thanks for stopping by to celebrate with us!!  Hope you enjoyed all the projects from all the designers.  I know I have.  Every week, I get new inspiration from these talented ladies.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration. 

Lisa




5 comments:

  1. Amazing card...just love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! Great coloring! Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you colored in this adorable image! What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! I have this stamp and love it, but my cards have never come out as good as this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete