Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kitty in a Pot

I just adore the Strawberry Kisses line of stamps. From the new Christmas line, I used the main image from the Happy Christmas set and the ornament image from the Special Delivery set.  One of the things I like about these sets is that there are often accessory images included with the main image.  I love to mix and match with the extra images.


I put my images on a piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I colored with the Spectrum Noir markers.  Here are the colors I used ...

clay pot - GB2, GB3, GB4
poinsettia - CR10, CR11, DR3
leaves/stem - LG4, LG5, CG1, CG4,
cat - nose - PP1
        bow - CR3, CR4, CR10, CR11
ornaments - CR11, CT4, JG2, TB5
background shadows - IG1

I used a silver gel pen for the ornament caps and holders.  I used green and yellow Souffle pen for the cyathia (flowers in the center of the leaves).


I use several colors when I'm coloring.  I just keep blending and blending them into each other until I like it.

I cut the Ultra Smooth Cardstock to 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".  (I used Extra Strong Permanent Tape for all the layering.)  I layered the colored images onto a 3 3/8" x 4 3/8" piece of red card stock.  This was then layered onto a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of decorative patterned paper.  This was all then placed onto the front of the card base.  The base is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of red card stock.  I folded it in half giving the card a side fold.

I knew this needed something added, "But what?", I said to myself.  Thank goodness "myself" didn't answer!!  I poked around and through my stash of embellishments, I came up with the bright red gems.  I added a strip in the top left corner.  Then, I added three gems in the bottom right corner.  Please see photo for placement of the gems.

It still needed a another little something.  Aha!!  I found it!  I used three clear epoxy circles over the ornaments.  I think if I hadn't found those, I would have used 3-D Crystal Lacquer for a similar look.


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment