Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Christmas Card

This week, I used the Cuteness set from the Strawberry Kisses Christmas Collection.


I put the image of the Christmas card on Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I used simple masking and  added the image of the cute little dog.  Then I added the words "Happy Christmas" from the Strawberry Kisses set of the same name.

I used my Spectrum Noir pens to color these images.  Here's what I used ...

Dog:  dog's fur - GB1, GB2;  dog's eye - GB8, GB10;  bottom of one paw - GB8; dog's nose - IG8, IG10;  dog's collar, heart on collar, band around head - CR9, DR2;  antlers - TN1 
Christmas card - background - TB3;  tree - JG1;  tree trunk - EB7;  heart CR9; base for tree TB9
"Happy Christmas" -  JG1, JG2
I used a gold gel pen for the loop between the collar and heart tag.  And I used one last Spectrum Noir pen, GG1, for the shadow around the dog.

The base of the card started out as a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of green card stock.  I folded this in half and this card has a side fold.  On top of this, I attached a 3 7/8 x 4 7/8 piece of blue card stock.  (I picked this to match the color of the card in the image.)  I attached it 1/8" in from the left, and 1/8" down from the top of the card base.

On top of the blue card stock, I attached a 3 5/8" x 4 5/8" piece of red card stock.  I positioned it approximately 1/4" in from the left, and 1/4" down from the top of the card base.

I trimmed the white card stock down to 3 1/2" x 4 1/2".  I then attached it to the center of the red card stock.  All of the attaching was done with the Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner.

To finish off this card, I added some gemstones in the lower portion of the front of the card. Please refer to photo for placement.

Hope you enjoyed this card.  I enjoyed making it.



Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment