Thursday, October 4, 2012

Remembering My Mom




I put this 8" scrapbook page together recently when I was trying to come up with a project on which to use my colored image.

The background is a 8" x 8" piece of medium yellow card stock.  On top of this, I placed a piece of lighter yellow card stock that I'd embossed with the new Die'sire 6" x 6" Floral Frenzy embossing folder.  I trimmed this piece down to about 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square.  I attached it to the base card stock (as a diamond shape) with the Extra Strong Permanent tape.

view of the embossed area


view of the embossed piece attached to the base
I backed my Mom's picture with a black piece of card stock.  I attached this to the scrapbook page with the  Extra Strong Permanent tape along the bottom and part of the way up the sides.  At the top are pieces of double sided adhesive foam.  I did this to make the page not quite so "flat".

I ran a piece of the lighter yellow card stock through the printer.  I printed out the sentiment in an orange color to match my colored image.  I cut it where it was wider at the left side than it was at the right.  I notched the left end.  I placed this on the page, just covering the bottom of the picture.  Again, I used the permanent tape (toward the skinnier end) and the adhesive foam (on the thicker end) to attach the cut out to the page.

On a piece of Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock, I put the image of the girl from the Humphrey EZMount set - Birthday Girl.  I used simple masking and then placed the image of the bouquet of roses from the Humphrey EZMount set - Flowers For You to look like the girl was holding them behind her back.

I colored the image with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers along with other alcohol markers to color the girl image.  After the image was colored, I cut it out leaving a tiny margin of the white card stock.  I attached this to the scrapbook page, over the end of the sentiment and covering a small part of the bottom right-hand corner, with the permanent tape.

I was really pleased with the way this turned out.  My Mom loved flowers.



Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa



















2 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Lisa. I should scrap some of my mom's pictures, but I just haven't yet. I guess I should make copies of the originals to use, so I wouldn't be so nervous about messing any of them up since they're irreplaceable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a copy. I don't have many pictures of her, so I have copied them to use on pages. Thanks for the kind comment.

      Delete