Thursday, October 18, 2012

Where Flowers Bloom Card

From the new Mulberry Wood Everyday Collection, (which as of this posting should be released soon) I used the Love You set for this week's card.


I used a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock to put 2 main images on.  On that same sheet, I put the sentiment "Where Flowers Bloom So Does Love".  I cut out one main image to  4 5/8" x 2 5/8".

I colored the image with Spectrum Noir pens as follows:

cats - colored with IG1 and shaded with IG2
flowers - used both PL1 and PL2
leaves - used both LG1 and LG3
the ground under the cats - EB2, GB8, and GB10 blended together
the "sky" behind the cats and flowers - BT1 (I went over this area twice)
I used a gold gel pen to color the cat's tag
On the second image, I colored the cats and a few of the flowers in the same manner as on the first image. I fussy cut these out from the second image. I used a stylus to mold the pieces so they would have some dimension to them.

Close-up of extra pieces after shaping with stylus

I cut a 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" piece of pale green card stock.  I used Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach the main colored image to the green card stock.  I used the double-sided adhesive foam on the back of the cut-outs and attached them over the same images on the main colored image.

Close-up of added pieces and Stickles

I cut out the sentiment to 2 7/8" x 7/8".  I cut another piece of the pale green card stock to 3" x 1".  I attached the sentiment to the green card stock with the Extra Strong Permanent Tape.

I used the tape again to attach both pieces of the light green card stock to a 5" x 4" piece of lavender card stock.  (See photo for placement.)

The base card was made from a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" white textured card stock.  It was folded in half.  The fold will be on top of this card.  I centered the lavender piece on the base card and taped it to secure.

To finish off this card, I used Pink and Thistle Stickles on the flowers.

I had fun making this card.  I hope you enjoyed it too.


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment