Saturday, November 10, 2012

Beatrix Potter to the Rescue!

Need a birthday (or other) card in five minutes?  You can do it!  Just be sure to have some of the Beatrix Potter 3-D Toppers on hand.

I love these toppers!!  What a time saver!  And what a nice card you end up with!


I started out with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of charcoal gray card stock.  I folded it in half giving it a side fold.  I used a border punch down the right side of the front flap.  I punched out a 3 1/2" scalloped circle (from a coordinating color card stock) and punched 1/16" holes in the scallops.  I attached this to the front of the card with the Extra Strong Permanent Tape.  I then chose my topper, from the Appley Dapply set, and attached it to the center of the scalloped circle.  Please note:  for all attaching in this project, I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape.

I punched out the "Happy Birthday" from the topper set and taped it to the same color coordinating card stock as the circle.  I cut around the birthday sentiment, leaving a small border of color. This was attached to the lower right area of the front of the card.

I cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of cream colored text weight paper from an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.  I attached it to the inside of the card.  The lighter colored text weight paper allows the user's own words to be viewed easily.

That's it.  The card is done.  I bet it took me longer to type this than it took to put the card together.  Don't you just love a quick card?


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment