Thursday, November 1, 2012

Christmas Kitty with Present Card

This week, I got a little carried away with the cute little Strawberry Kisses Christmas Collection.  I hope you enjoy to end result.


I used simple masking techniques in this card project.  I used the main cat image from the Love You set, the  present from the Me and You Babe set, and the sprig of mistletoe from the Mistletoe Mwah! set.  The images were placed on a 4" x 4" piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  On a scrap piece of the same type of card stock, I placed an extra image of the cat.

Here are the colors of Spectrum Noir pens I used to color the images:
bow on hat - TB2, TB4, TB6
hat (not fur on hat) - CR7 CR9, DR3
mistletoe - LG3, DG1, DG2, GG1
mistletoe berries - LY2
cat's nose - PP1, FS8
cat's fur - TN1, GB1, GB2
fur on hat and shadow around cat - C0
After coloring the first images on the 4" x 4" piece, I colored the cat's front paws and the fur ball - the decorative fur embellishment at the end of the hat (ha!) - from the extra image.  I fussy cut these away from this second image.  I used double sided foam adhesive to pop up the fur ball at the end of the hat.  I curled the front paws with my fingers and used 3-D Crystal Lacquer on the very outside end points of the cut out to adhere the front paws to the main image.  It makes it look like the kitty is holding a package.

The card base is a piece of 10" x 5" red card stock.  I folded it in half.  This card has a top fold.  For all of the next steps, I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape for attaching the layers.  On top of the base card, I centered  a 4 5/8" x 4 5/8" piece of black card stock.  Centered on top of that layer is a 4 1/2" square piece of red and white striped patterned paper.  On top of this is a square of 4 1/8" black card stock.  And at last, is the 4" x 4" colored image piece.

After I'd assembled the layers, I thought it "needed" a little something.  I ended up putting the line of red gemstones underneath the cat image.

Hope this makes you think of peppermint and Christmas.



Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment