Thursday, November 22, 2012

You're the Cat's Miaow ...

I think this  S.w.a.l.k.™ image is adorable!  I colored the cat to look similar to one of my Tuxedo cats (Shirley).


I placed the "Cat's Miaow" image, from the Pawfect Pals collection, on a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. Here is a list of the colors I used:


  • For her skin: FS1, FS2, PP1
  • For her mouth: PP1
  • For her hair: EB1, EB2, TN1
  • For her dress: HB1, HB2, HB3
  • For cat's fur and hat: IG1, IG2, IG5, IG8
  • For inside cat's ears and nose: PP1For cat's cape: IG2, IG3
  • For cat's eye: GB2, DG3
  • For cat's monocle: BT3
  • For cat's hat band and flower: CR8, DR1
I also used an opaque white gel pen to add the white back into the cat's eye after coloring.  I also used it around the white spots left on its face, chest and paws to make it appear more like fur.  I also used a fine line black pen in the same areas for the fur.  I colored her purse, the bottom ruffle on her dress, and the cat's bow tie with a silver glitter gel pen.  I used a green fine line pen for color in her eyes.

I layered the colored image onto a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of dark violet card stock.  This was then layered onto a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of light violet card stock.  Finally, this was layered onto the front of the card base.  The card base is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of violet card stock; folded in half with the fold on the side.  All attaching was done using the Extra Strong Permanent Tape.  

After the assembly, I attached some gem stones across the bottom of the card and around the girl's neck for her necklace and on her ears for her earrings.


I think this will be a great addition to your stamps for that card you need to show someone that you think they're special.




Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment