Thursday, July 4, 2013

New projects for A Creative Need ... July Edition

For my projects this month, I  used Microsoft Word 2010. My document started in portrait mode and one inch margins.

First, a little research.  I used a search engine on the Internet and looked up different types of cherries and pears.

I used the information and typed in the words for the cherries with a couple of spaces between each word.  Then I changed the font and font size of each word.  I then added a symbol and more spaces between the words.  When this looked good to me, I then changed the font color to "White, Background 1, Darker 5%" the color I pointed to in the first picture below.  I added the shadow as shown in the second picture below.



This is an example of the words after formatting:


Next, I inserted the picture of the cherries.  I changed the height to 5" and accepted the computed width.  I used the Remove Background Tool to take out the background from the cherries.

I positioned the cherries over top of the text.  And printed it out.  After printing, I colored the cherries with Copic markers.  Here is a list of colors I used:  (for cherries) R02, R17, R22, R24, R37, R46, R89, and YR82  (for stems and leaf) G02, G05, G43, G99, YG13, YG63, and YG95; and N0 for the shadow.

I cut this out to 7" x 6".  I stippled Adirondack Butterscotch ink over the whole page.  I left the center lighter and stippled more in the corners and on the edges.  Then, I rounded the corners with a paper punch.

Next, I cut a piece of coordinating card stock to 8.5" x 6.75".  I used a set of Martha Stewart Around the Page punches to decorate this piece.  Then, with adhesive, I attached the cherry piece to the top of the punched piece.

Here is the result ...


The other one I did was with the pears image ...


The same steps were followed for the pears as were for the cherries.  The Copic colors used on the pears are as follows:  (for pears) R02, R08, R22, R24, R27, YR21, and YR82 for the red one; G43, YG00, YG03, YG41, YG61, and YG63 for the green pear.  (for stems and leaves)  BG96, E25, E87, and YG95; and N0 for the shadow.

I thought these would look great framed and hung in the kitchen.  What do you think?

Be sure to check out the A Creative Need Blog to find the monthly freebie digital image.  The image for July 2013 is a pretty lemon slice.  Find it on the blog at http://acreativeneed.wordpress.com/digital-images/.


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment