Thursday, November 7, 2013

A new pin for my winter coat!

Here are the steps I took to create a holly pin for my winter coat.  It follows the November challenge from A Creative Need.  Check it out here.

I opened up a word document and inserted the Sprig of Holly digital image from the A Creative Need Etsy store.  I reduced the image width to 4.5".  I printed the image on white shrink plastic.  


I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and cut it out leaving a small white margin around the image as shown in the picture above.  Note:  Be sure to color the image lightly as it will brighten considerably when you shrink the plastic.

Here are the colors I used ... PC909, PC922, PC024, PC026, PC941, PC1082, PC1090, and PC1096

After I had colored and cut out the image, I shrunk it.  Please follow the instructions on the package to shrink your image.

I cut a piece of plaid ribbon about 6 1/2" long.  I also cut a 1 1/4" x 3" piece of 1/8" thick black craft foam. These will be used for the back of my pin.


I placed the craft foam about an inch down from the top of the ribbon.  I folded the bottom up and the top down over the craft foam.  I used the fast grabbing glue to glue the two ends of the ribbon down.  Then, I glued the sides together.  

After the glue dried, I glued the shrunken holly spring to the pin.  I cut the shank off a Christmas bells button and added it above the holly.  I attached a pin finding to the back of the pin.  

And this is what it looks like on my winter coat ...


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration,

Lisa

1 comment: