Friday, April 4, 2014

It's a Spring thing!!

I'm back!!!  Officially spring has sprung.  But here in Kentucky, you never know what this crazy weather is going to do.  I decided on a cute spring themed project.


I printed the Spring Bunny and Bird House digital image onto white card stock that works well with Copic markers.  I used the following markers to color in the image:  B0000, B00, B14, B18, B24, B39, C1, C5, E31, E35, E37, E47, E57, N5, YG23, YG25, YG61, YG63, YG95, YR000, and YR61.

The B0000 was used as a background for the image.  I did this by drawing a very light pencil circle first.  then I filled in with the marker, but did not go over the pencil mark.  When I was finished filling in the blue background, I erased the pencil mark.

I put just a light shadow on the images with the C1 marker.  I used a black colored pencil to put some shadow on the right side of the roof  and side of the birdhouse.  I used a permanent black ink pen to trace over the bird's legs.

For the pussy willows, I used a gray marker and put just a bit of color on the edges of the catkins.  Then, I used glue and white Flower Soft to add the soft texture to them.

Here's a closer picture showing the texture of the pussy willows:




Here is the finished project ... in a frame and ready to display in the house for spring:




Hope this puts you in a spring kind of mood.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa


1 comment:

  1. So beautifully colored Lisa! Lovely. I wish Spring would hurry up and get here!!

    ReplyDelete