Friday, June 20, 2014

Didn't want more time to "slip" by ...



I’ve made this card, for my friend Cheryl.  She’s having a rough time going through her cancer treatments.  If anyone would like to send up a little prayer for her, she and I would greatly appreciate it.

I used the A Creative Need “Give Cancer the Slip” digital image. I placed it into a Word document and changed it to 3.75” tall.  I printed it onto white card stock.  I colored it with an Angel Pink Memento Marker.  The white dots were applied with a white gel pen.   The trim was colored in with a Prismacolor pencil #PC929 Rose.  I cut the image away from the card stock leaving a small white border around it. 
Using the same document, I also made a text box, with 2 lines around it.  I colored the lines pink.  I added the sentiment.  After printing, this was cut away from the card stock.  Again, I left a small border around the edge.

I folded a piece of 5.5” x 8.5” white card stock in half to make the card base.  It has a side fold.  I made a light pink, lacy background piece and attached it to the front of the card base.  Then, I attached the sentiment toward the right side of the card.  I added thin adhesive foam to the back of the slip to slightly elevate it.  I attached this to the front of the card, just slightly overlapping the sentiment piece.  Please refer to the photo for placement of items.

Hope you like this card.  I hope Cheryl likes it too!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment