Friday, May 16, 2014

More ideas with parts of a stamp ...

For my first May A Creative Need project, I used one digital stamp, took it apart, and used it to make two background papers.

Now, I am using the A Creative Need digital stamp
Whimsical Flower and Butterflies to make note paper.


I used Prismacolor pencils to color the images on the note papers.


Here's are the note papers before coloring:





I used Word 2010 to design the note papers.  Working in Microsoft Word 2010, I used the original image and deleted out the butterflies.  I saved the image of the flower.  I used the original image again and deleted the flower.  I saved the image of the butterflies. 

Starting from the top left, for the first note paper, I made the butterflies three different sizes.  The ones closest to the left edge of the paper are the largest, them the medium ones.  The smallest ones are toward the right top side of the note paper.  I aligned five flowers across the bottom of the paper.  



On the second paper, (top right) I used the flower.  I placed the first flower near the top left corner of the paper.  I turned the next flower upside down and overlapped the stems.  The next flower was used upright.  I slightly overlapped the flower heads. This was followed by one more upside down and one more upright flower added in the same manner.



With the third note paper, shown above on the bottom left, I deleted the stem from the flower and just used the flower head.  I started near the top left and angled the image toward the corner.  Another was added in the same manner in the upper right corner.  I then put one of the images in the center.  I added two more flower images to fill in the gaps.  I grouped the five flowers.  I copied, pasted, and rotated the image upside down and put it at the bottom of the page.



On the fourth paper,bottom right, I aligned seven small butterfly images along the left side of the paper.  I added a vertical line behind the images.




Be sure to stop by and check out the A Creative Need monthly challenge.  This month's challenge is "Mother's Day". 

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.
Lisa



Friday, May 2, 2014

Take it apart? Yeah, why not?

For my May My Creative Need project, I am going to use one digital stamp, take it apart, and use it several ways.

I used A Creative Need digital stamp Whimsical Flower and Butterflies.

In addition, I also used the following supplies:  Hero Arts #B4344 Tiny Dot Circle rubber stamp, Kaleidacolor melon Melody ink pad; yellow Staedtler triplus fineliner; Ultra Fine Point Sharpie Markers in Lime Green and Tangerine;  Prismacolor Pencils in PC911 Olive Green, PC930 Magenta, and PC1096 Kelly Green; and a black Sharpie pen.

Working in Microsoft Word 2010, I used the original image and deleted out the butterflies.  I saved the image of the flower.  I used the original image again and deleted the flower.  I saved the image of the butterflies.


Background Papers



For the first paper I designed, I used the image of the flower, reduced it in size, and pasted it into a blank document.  Then, I copied the small flower and pasted it, many times, onto the page.  I then rotated some of the images. Also, some of the images were flipped horizontally.  When I was satisfied with the placement of the flowers, I printed the document.  The flower petals were colored with the yellow fineliner and the magenta pencil.  The stems and leaves were colored with the olive green and kelly green pencils.  I placed three dots in various places among the flowers with the black Sharpie pen.




The second paper used the butterflies.  I reduced the size.  I place six images across and distributed evenly horizontally.  I then placed five additional rows of six images on the page.  I spaced the rows vertically. I placed a line shape behind the images.  The line shape was a bit lighter color than the black that was used for the butterflies.  When the overall look of the page was nice, I printed the page.  I colored every other set of butterflies starting at the top left corner.  I used the lime green Sharpie marker for the bodies of the butterflies that were to be colored.  Please refer to picture to see the color placement where I colored the butterflies. I used the stamp on the Kaleidacolor pad, and stamped around  the butterflies that were left uncolored.




Be sure to stop by and check out the A Creative Need monthly challenge.  This month's challenge is "Mother's Day". 

Guidelines for entry:

Everyone is welcome to join in with a craft creation using any images you like! Of course A Creative Need would love to see what you do with any of the ACN images, and they are happy to share a FREE IMAGE with you every month! Join in the challenge ANYTIME THIS MONTH and leave a link to your creation(s) (card, journal page, jewelry, scrap page, art piece etc.) in the comments and Deena will pop on over to see what you've done. 

If you enter, and have followed the CHALLENGE theme, you will be placed in the random draw for 2 digi images of your choice!

If you are the lucky random draw winner AND you've used an A CREATIVE NEED image in your creation, you will receive a bonus image for a total of 3 images!

LIMIT of up to 3 entries per person please. The challenge runs from the first day of the new month to the end of the month.  Winner is announced on the first FRIDAY of the new Month for the previous month’s challenge.

I will have a couple more ideas for you on May 16, 2014.
Until then, I am ever searching for inspiration.
Lisa